Monday, August 28, 2017

A Year in the Making...and It's Finally Finished!

I went back in my posts to see just exactly when I began on this quilt and it was August of 2016. Sadly, it has taken me a full year to finish it. I worked on sewing together each block last year. Then took a break for the holidays and as soon as the Christmas tree was taken out I quickly moved furniture around and set up my quilting frame. Next I got busy with work, not feeling well and then surgery in May so not much got done for quite a few months. All the while my quilt sat in our living room taking up space. I finally got back to it though within the last two months and was able to finish it up yesterday.
It makes me so happy to have it complete.
I still have this one that needs quilted but it's not going to happen soon. 
Actually probably not until next year. I'm ready to work on some hand stitcheries for a while as well as some crochet and punch needle.

2 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Your quilt is beautiful!!! Hugs, lJ

Carmen S. said...

That turned out amazingly beautiful!!! You are so talented my friend!